Concrete is a green choice.
In addition to their versatility and distinctive beauty, concrete countertops have another virtue that appeals to many people, especially the ecologically aware: They are more environmentally friendly, or “greener,” than most other types of countertops. Here are some of the reasons our products are “eco – friendly”
- Reusing molds and form-making materials to reduce fabrication waste.
- Using water-based sealers or natural oil finishes free of VOCs.
- Using recycled glass and recycled stone-like materials as aggregate substitutes.
- Obtaining all concrete mix ingredients and fabrication materials from local resources and vendors.
- Much of the mold making material we use is recycled particle board.
- Resource efficiency. The predominant raw material for the cement in concrete is limestone, the most abundant mineral on earth.